1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?Recently I experienced the sensation of total bliss while attending a union celebration of 2 dear people.
We were in the woods, many friends, there was a meteor shower, a fire blazing, lot’s of alcohol, snacks, we were having a goth dance party beneath the stars & our shadows illuminated across the river. I fell asleep in my tent hearing chatter & giggling, the river, the fire cackling, and thought to myself “everything is so perfect right now…”
Happiness is temporary. Enjoy the moments!
2. What do you like about BANG?
There is no judgement at BANG! I feel comfortable to genuinely be myself & look how I want to. I love coming to work, love what we stand for, love our guests, love my co-workers, love our neighborhood! Having a platform to connect with inspiring individuals in our community & the space to create amazing imaginative hair. It’s exchanging ideas and really getting to know my guests, and giving them the freedom to choose how they want to be seen in this world & executing that vision. I love helping people feel good about themselves. Bang supports that.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I annoy the hell out of myself by procrastinating!
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?Incapacity to see outside their own small world view.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
I think most people are interesting & pretty great in their own way.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Travel, organic vegan food, jewelry from artists I love, records, and going to shows & seeing live music nearly every night.
7. What is your current state of mind?
Restless. Dreaming. Hoping. Trying.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Virtues are good, they allow us to develop our potential & live a more purposeful life!
9. On what occasion do you lie?
Jokingly, to exaggerate stories & to be a silly kind of dramatic.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Why can’t I grow a sick beard, glow in the dark, or have sharp pointy teeth?!
11. Which living person do you most despise?
I don’t despise anyone.
12. What is the quality you most like in a person? Compassion.
13. What is a feature you notice most in a person? Eyeballs. Energy.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Rock n Roll!
16. Which talent would you most like to have?Playing guitar & singing at the same time.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would be sooooooo rich (so I could give all my money away!)
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Making it into my 30’s...
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I’d be the spookiest & goofiest ghost!
20. Where would you most like to live?
I’m loving Seattle. Would move out of the country anywhere for the experience!
21. What is your most treasured possession?Things are just things, I try not to get too attached.
22. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
This is too deep of a thought to explain in a few words here…………
23. What is your favorite occupation?
Hairdressing, of course!
24. What is your most marked characteristic?
I just texted 2 close friends to help me answer this question and Lucie said “Your honesty, open mindedness, & charisma!” Margot said “You are a visionary! You make dreams come true!”
25. What do you most value in your friends?Their individuality, intelligence, & the goodness they are bringing unto this world.
26. Who are your favorite writers?
I can’t choose!
27. Who is your hero of fiction?
I don’t have one…
28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I have no idea….
29. Who are your heroes in real life?
All my friends & colleagues who choose to live passionately & help others in the process!
30. What are your favorite names?
Gimli, Gandalf, Frodo, Bilbo....
31. What is it that you most dislike?
32. What is your greatest regret?
I try to resolve anything that would make me possibly feel regretful…
33. How would you like to die?
Knowing that I wholeheartedly lived the fuck out of life & didn’t ever settle or slow down in creating the world I wish to live in…
34. What is your motto?
We are not guaranteed tomorrow, live your life hard & tell the people you care about you love them!