1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Waking up in the morning sunlight, warm, next to the person I love, on a day where we have no obligations and can do anything.
2. What do you like about BANG?
What I like most about BANG is the sense of community within the company. I love that BANG strives to be a home for every human. I think with this mindset, creativity really is endless. I’m happy that I can go to work and feel creatively limitless at my job because I feel at home.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I’m really not a touchy person, and sometimes that makes me feel weird because I think I should like hugs more haha.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
The trait I deplore most in others is not so much a trait but more of a lack thereof, I dislike when people don’t have any ambition or a go-getter attitude. If something is bothering you, fix it. If you’re upset, talk about it. If you don’t like your job, get a new one. If your partner sucks, leave them. Gotta make the most of life, ya know?
5. Which living person do you most admire?Joan Didion.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Ya know, probably shoes. I have too many shoes, and I still buy more.
7. What is your current state of mind?
It’s my day off and the most productive thing I’ve done is wash my hair, so pretty great!
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
One virtue that sticks out to me at the moment is the “white picket fence” philosophy. I think the concept of a “perfect” family with a marriage, 2.5 kids, a dog, and a house with a white picket fence in a subdivision is overrated solely because I don’t think it’s for everyone.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
I think the last time I lied I was when I loved with my grandma and she asked me if I had ever smoked weed and I said no…sorry Grams!
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I have a scar that runs through my right eyebrow that I don’t love, but I could be worse. I could’ve cut my eye.
11. Which living person do you most despise?Off the top of my head? Donald Trump. Hah. Idiot.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?Empathy.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Empathy, I’m answering this as the same for both because this is an important quality for all humans.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
I probably swear too much…
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
The greatest love of my life is adventure. I love going new places, trying new things, and learning. I like finding adventure in small things too. It’s what keeps me from boredom.
16. Which talent would you most like to have?20/20 vision hah.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
If I could change one thing, I might like to be a little taller.
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I would consider moving away from my hometown in Metro Detroit to be my greatest achievement so far. Even though I loved the city, my job, my friends, and of course my family, I think it’s important to challenge yourself and make yourself uncomfortable. That’s how you grow.
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I would like to come back as an owl. Birds have hollow bones and that creeps me out in a fascinating way. I want to experience flying and living in trees.
20. Where would you most like to live?
I would like to live in a wooded area, preferably with some elevation, in our dream house designed by my partner. I’m always chasing greenery and height.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My most treasured possession is a spoon ring made from my great grandma’s silverware. My grandma gifted it to me a couple of years ago. My sister asked if she could have it, I’m still telling her no.
22. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
I can always tell I might be miserable if I sleep a lot. I’m kind of a low level of sleep being.
23. What is your favorite occupation?
My favorite occupation for me personally is hairdressing. However, a favorite occupation to learn about outside hairdressing is Architecture. Specifically, landscape Architecture because of my love of plants, color, and greenery.
24. What is your most marked characteristic?Physically, probably the ol dimples, thanks dad.
25. What do you most value in your friends?Absolute honesty and good listening skills. I love an involved conversation.
26. Who are your favorite writers?
Kurt Vonnegut, JD Salinger, Sylvia Plath, Pablo Neruda, and Joan Didion
27. Who is your hero of fiction?
28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
29. Who are your heroes in real life?
Mother, Father, and Grandma
30. What are your favorite names?
I like a lot of names but a few are Evelyn, Rheya, Eli, and my grandma’s middle name, Dale.
31. What is it that you most dislike?
I dislike beets more than anything. I hate them. I hate them as a juice. I hate them roasted. I hate them in a salad. I hate beets. Even you, golden beets, I hate you too.
32. What is your greatest regret?
My greatest regret is not traveling internationally more, but luckily there’s still time for that! I actually didn’t have a passport until a year ago and now that I do I’m planning some major trips! Including a trip to both Shanghai and Beijing this fall.
33. How would you like to die?
I’m not sure how I would like to die, but I do know that after I’m dead, I don’t want any embalming and I want to have a natural burial.
34. What is your motto?
Once in a Spanish class, we were listening to a recording of a man saying phrases and following along with a series of pictures mirroring what he was saying. One of the images was a group of people all laughing and the recording of the man would say “todos se rien” or, “everyone laughs” For some reason, in spite of my fleeting Spanish vocabulary, this really stuck with me. So, I suppose maybe this is my motto? Everyone laughs.